Sunday, September 27, 2009

And Even the Adults Too Shall Eat Cake!




Today our family celebrates the anniversary of the birth of our matriarch (that means it's Susan's birthday for those who didn't follow that). As you can see in the above photo, Ally made her mom a delicious red velvet cake which we sampled before she left for work Sunday night. It was awesome! So moist you could barely cut it with a knife with homemade cream-cheese icing. I think Ally's baking skills should become a traditional part of our "cake-eating" ritual.






I am very proud to call Susan my wife and the mother of my children. There is not a more perfect picture of God's grace on the planet. She and I have shared every possible emotion.




The loss of our first child, then the birth of our first son and daughter. Just when we thought we had "our family" in-house, God saw fit to literally "give" us another daughter. When our plan was to become foster parents in order to bless others, God saw fit to instead bless us with our little angel, Alex. Then, just eight months ago, we got to experience the birth of our youngest (and last!) son, Eli.




Susan is the best friend anyone could ever hope for. She works as a hospice nurse and has selflessly worked to help support our family during my time of unemployment. I have witnessed her come to the aid of family, friends, and patients alike whenever asked and never expect anything back in return.




Like most marriages, our fifteen-plus years together has at times been a roller-coaster, but there's no one else I'd rather ride it with. When something is truly God's will, not even satan himself can change it.




Thanks for the ride honey! I love you!


Happy birthday!


Celebrate the life God gave you.....and "eat cake!"


Michael

0 comments: