Man, I LOVE a 3-day holiday weekend...but I HATE the 4-day work week that follows! Am I the only one that feels a day behind already this week?
This past Sunday (was it just two days ago?) was one of our ordinary services.
...Perhaps it's just me, but I'm looking forward to God giving us an extra-ordinary service pretty soon. We have had a few of those in the past in case you might have missed them and I'm sure there will be more to come.
Anyway, I thought things went well musically. The choir was good and the praise team members present stepped up for those who were unable to attend due to illness, births, or vacations. We have become quite versatile in the past several months in that regard.
I was, once again, very proud of my family for our medley, "Cherish the Cross." I am very blessed to not only have a talented family, but especially blessed that they are all willing to use those talents for the Lord. I think we should hurry and teach Alex and Eli an instrument so they don't feel left out!
Although I have always made it a practice to NOT comment on sermons, I will make an exception and say that I thought Justin did an exceptional job this past week. It is very refreshing to hear it said from the pulipt that we should all seek out our own God-given ministries and not always seek out the church's approval or endorsement. Far too many church's attempt to "lay claim" to every members individual efforts in order to make themselves look good or attract larger numbers. Our bigger inspiration should be to labor for the "church of the living God"...not necessarily just West End Baptist Church. Well done and well said, Justin!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Sunday Review 9/06/09
at 4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment