Okay, did anyone else get that the pastor was upset over the lack of Friend Day contracts submitted today? I certainly did and I COMPLETELY agree with him. I mean, it's not as if we're inviting people to come hear an Amway presentation or something. We're inviting them to come and experience something that could totally change their lives. We're offering to expose them to the gospel and a decision that could impact their future for ETERNITY! For someone, WEBC Friend Day 2009 could be the day they make the most important decision of their life! I hope others got the message as vividly as I did.
As for today's music, I thought things went quite smoothly. There were once again more technical issues revolving around our electric drum set, but I'm sure only Terry and I noticed. He does a great job compensating when the equipment isn't behaving just right. It frustrates me to see him so frustrated over this piece of junk our local music store sold us (I'm not printing the name of the "only" music store in town in hopes that they'll decide to do the right thing and stand behind what they sold us...but, I'm not holding my breath!).
I really enjoyed today's special music. Those guys have been visiting for a while, and then two of the three joined the church during today's invitation. If I would have known that, I would have asked them to sing weeks ago! (BTW, I'm almost certain the third plans to follow suit and join very soon as well.)
Once again, the choir loft was almost completely full today, and we only sang the Call to Worship. I almost hated to waste those numbers, but I finally feel like we're entering into a "growth phase" and will be adding seats soon so I did as I had felt lead to do earlier in the week.
Speaking of growth, remember this time a year ago when the choir loft was also full? For some reason (experience?), I just never felt comfortable that we would retain those "new" choir members. I think most just wanted to test out the new guy and see what I was all about. I even remember telling one of our deacons that alot of that was what I considered "wildfire"...put out as quickly as it blazed up. These days, our new folks seem truly dedicated and inspired to sing praises for all the right reasons. To God be the glory!
Have a Great Week!
In Christ,
Michael
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Sunday Review 10/4/09
at 9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment